Participants are needed for some clinics. If you would like to participate with a particular clinician and/or offer your horse for a clinician’s use, print and complete the application and send it to our office (email at or fax to 765-655-2117). A photo and/or short video is helpful in the evaluation (and required for some clinicians).
Please apply for the session or sessions specifically that interest you. Thank you.
Some things you need to know if you are selected to participate:
- A pass will be given to you for the day(s) you participate. If the participant is under the age of 18 two passes will be provided.
- You are required to stall your horse while at the expo. Because of the limited parking and general congestion and activity and weather concerns we are firm on this.
- There will be a $65 fee to participate – this covers your stall and bedding. (do not send this with your application – it will be due once you are confirmed to participate) Fee does not apply if you are participating in a breed or stallion demo.
- Arrival and departure times are restricted – again primarily due to congestion and parking. Those details and times will be confirmed with you if you are selected.
- Selections will not be made until early to mid-February. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status.
Please keep in mind the expo is a very different setting from regular horse shows. The environment is more active, the crowds can be unsettling and warm-up time is very limited. Please keep in mind when applying to participate your horse should be able to be stalled at the minimum for a day and should not only fill the needs outlined below, but be able to handle the environment and not create additional challenges in the clinic because they cannot handle the environment.
Participant Needs: 2/13/18 – we are still looking for riders for Steve Rother’s “Developing Rider’s Confidence” clinic and also for the Dressage clinics.
- Debbie Riehl-Rodriguez – Dressage – follow this link for details on the needs for riders in Debbie’s clinics and apply for her sessions here: https://oregondressagesociety.formstack.com/forms/2018_nwhorseexpo_copy
- Elizabeth Graves – Easy Gaited Horses – All Riders for Elizabeth have been selected – Intermediate and Advanced Riders – can be Western or English, Trail or Show Horses. Flat Shod or Barefoot. Any Gaited Breed is welcome to apply. Applicants should expect to ride all 3 days.
- Julie Alonzo – Working Equitation – All Riders for Julie have been selected – Seeking different levels of riders to participate both days (Friday and Saturday). Can participate in English or Western tack/attire. Levels: 1- Walk/Trot Only, 2- Canter performing Simple Lead Change and 3 – Canter performing flying lead change
- Steve Rother – we need participants for 2 sessions
- Developing the Rider’s Confidence (Friday) – seeking two riders with confidence issues. You must own the horse you bring to ride – no green horses. Riders will be riding in the session, but do not have to canter.
- Overcoming Extreme Issues (Sunday) – Participant for this clinic has been selected –A horse with any issue – can be on the ground or in the saddle. No horses under the age of 3 or horses with less than 6 months of riding. The handler of the horse used in the session must be the owner of the horse.